A rigorous application process ensures only the best in the industry can join.
The Property Care Association is a professional trade association which represents specialist contractors across the UK. PCA members such as Southwest Knotweed have to meet strict membership criteria to demonstrate their technical competence and knowledge within the area. Members must pass an exam to become a qualified surveyor in Japanese Knotweed (CSJK) and must also be able to demonstrate high service standards and an ability to investigate and resolve any Japanese Knotweed problems within the invasive weed sector. In order for Southwest Knotweed to maintain membership of the PCA, we have to maintain high standards and are audited on a regular basis, giving consumers peace of mind and confidence in selecting robust and reliable members.
The PCA also provide an industry voice on behalf of its members allowing members to have one voice when required and sharing best practice and learning new skills together.
The PCA have created a code of practice for the invasive weed sector, making sure standards and professionalism are met by every member.
Japanese Knotweed is another type of ‘property problem’, in that it can be identified and treated with minimal impact. Its effective eradication is a job for the experts, so it is vitally important for anyone who thinks they might have an issue to seek professional advice.
Why Choose a PCA Certified provider
The trade association has been in existence for over 85 years and ensures the highest standards are maintained by its members. Only those who are full members of the PCA are permitted to use the PCA logo.
- Required to have/gain comprehensive industry recognised qualifications
- Able to offer insurance backed guarantees
- Regularly audited to ensure the exceptionally high standards of the Association are maintained
- Required to adhere to a formal Code of Conduct
- Required to abide by a strict Code of Ethics
- Required to adhere to minimum Performance Standards
- Expected to co-operate with the PCA in the unlikely event of any problems or complaints
- Licensed under the Government’s TrustMark scheme (contractor members)
- Able to access a deposit protection scheme for damp proofing, timber preservation, structural waterproofing and structural repair works.
Be sure you are getting the best by using Southwest Knotweed as a member of the Property Care Association.